Living Revived!

5.27.2011

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!  
2 Corinthians 5:17

Yesterday I was out with the lads, doing a few laps around the property. Life was everywhere. Each step seemed to lead me into another patch of wildflowers that covered the ground in a carpet of beauty. The slight breeze occasionally sent a ripple through the blossoms; reminding me of a tattered blanket being fluffed. Only these flowers weren't tattered- they were fresh. Vibrant. Rested. Invigorated. 

I got to thinking about how we as humans are so tattered... so worn out, lacking energy and fullness of life. We are so quick to forget that Christ alone is the source for restoration. He provides the refreshment that comes from living in the raw. Over and over again, my attention was drawn to these fuzzy weeds...



 So comparable are we to them: blowing away with the slightest gust that comes our way.

I think I prefer to be comparable to ground cover. It might get trampled time and again, but it always finds a way to spring up again and regain it's perkiness (even at the tramplings of little feet playing "hunting the elk and deer").




Even an old pump house can display beauty. Beauty is transcendent. It grows amongst the scars that occur along the way; and somehow, with God, the scars aren't so ugly anymore. 



It takes time to bloom. Plants need lots of water, sun and time.


I suggest you drink up lots of Living Water, soak up the Son, and watch the beauty that will take place. 

Living revived,

0 comments:

Post a Comment