Join the Adventure!

2.05.2010

Welcome to our blog! We're excited to share our thoughts as we live the adventure right alongside you all. It's been an exciting couple months as we've introduced Faith in the Field and are seeking God's direction for 2010. Thank you for your support and your prayers...and we ask that you continue to pray! We're already seeing the Lord at work, but we're also seeing ways in which Satan's trying to plant seeds of doubt. I was reminded last week that anything and everything that can be used to glorify God is under attack by the enemy...think of it. Whether we believe it or not...whether we recognize it or not doesn't make it any less real. Relationships, work, time spent with God...even our time in the field, whether hunting, fishing or elsewhere, there are moments when we neglect the beauty of nature and focus on the lack of animals, fish or lousy weather. One of my favorite quotes is, "The story of our life is the long and brutal assault on our heart by the one who knows what we can become and fears it."

In years past, when I'd see folks "doing great things for God" I assumed they had it all together, ya know? "Life must be easy for them"...or..."I wish it were that way for me"...and..."One of these days, I'll be ready, God's preparing me." To be honest, when I began working on the hunting DVD just a few months ago, I didn't want to introduce Faith in the Field...we were gonna wait...until we were ready...until everything was juuuuust right. But the ever-so-common "nudge from God" prevailed...and this time, this year, instead of the usual stubbornness and excuses, we're taking the leap! And we want you to take the leap with us! Life isn't easy and we don't have it all together...no one does this side of Heaven...and realizing that has brought freedom and relief like no other...to stop trying to figure it out on our own...and to stop waiting...but begin to truly rely on God and strive to know His will for our lives.

While we hope Faith in the Field has something to give, I've already been blown away by what I've received...what I've learned...from all of you, from God, about God, and about myself...this venture has created an accountability to follow through, not give up and it's revived my faith, hope and trust in God to move where He wants to move. It's a refreshing feeling each time I'm reminded that God's in control. Faith in the Field is not about what Scott or I or others can do or offer, but about us all joining together to make the difference we were designed to make...living the adventure God's placed the desire in our heart to be part of, fighting the battle Christ's given us the strength and perseverance to win, and recognizing the infinite amount of beauty all around us that speaks volumes about our awesome Creator!

We're pumped to let the Lord work!

Seeking the One!
Jeff

2 comments:

Unknown February 16, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Jeff,

Love your favorite quote! Keep looking up...greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Uncle Jim

Mindi February 17, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

I am so excited to see the Lord already working his sweet magic in this ministry!

Post a Comment